After salaries, health care costs are the largest expense associated with personnel and 75% of which are due to chronic illness. Through effective wellness programs, employers can make a difference and help their employees decrease their risk of chronic and preventable illness. According to Harvard Business Review, “comprehensive, strategically designed investment in employees’ social, mental, and physical health pays off”.
Healthier employees tend to spend fewer days away from work due to illness. Additionally, employees with healthier families may spend fewer days away from work due to caring for sick family members. A Harvard study suggests that employers save about $2.73 in lower absenteeism costs for every dollar spent on effective employee wellness programs.
A happier, healthier and more present employee will work harder and smarter for your company. For many employers, the cost of lost productivity trumps health care costs, but wellness programs that provide employees with the tools to achieve a healthier lifestyle can improve productivity and play a significant role in the success and profitability of your business.
Improve Workplace Morale and Employee Retention
Investing in employee health strengthens an organization’s culture and commitment. Highly effective wellness programs are a valuable added benefit to employees, send a clear message that management values their wellbeing and, according to a study by Towers Watson, can significantly lower voluntary attrition.
- Less sick days
- Increased productivity and motivation
- Decreased health insurance costs
- Improved employee moral
- Healthier and happier employees
Most-Requested lecture topics: 45-60 minutes each (many more topics available)
- Foods for Great Energy
- Five Steps to Boost Metabolism
- Stress-Busting Foods
- Staying Well: Strategies to Strengthen Your Immune System
- Lights Out for Better Health (Five Strategies to Improve Your Sleep)
- Nutrition for Peak Performance
- Commit To Be Fit – Body Composition Contests
- Workplace break-room makeovers and vending machine makeovers
- Lunch & learn presentations – weekly/monthly
- On-site walk & talk programs (weather permitting or use of on-site gym)
- Weekly newsletters
- On-site office hours for employees to book appointments and meet with Jules 1:1